The airlines' Distribution and Payment space is undergoing rapid transformation. In part, this is being driven by the need to de-commoditize third party sales channels, to simplify and enhance the customer shopping and purchasing experience and to respond to changing consumer demands, particularly millennial shoppers who prefer mobile shopping and want peer-to-peer payment options.
A number of IATA projects and initiatives support airlines in addressing their distribution and payment challenges:
- New Distribution Capability (NDC)
- ONE Order
- Settlement with Orders (SwO)
- Dynamic Offers
- New Generation Industry Settlement Systems (NewGen ISS)
- Transparency in Payments (TIP)
- IATA Pay
- ADM Management & Reduction
- Postal Accounts Settlement System (PASS)
- High Performing Finance Organization Program (HIPO)
Unlocking the Potential of Travel PaymentsDownload the new Travel Payments white paper (pdf) - historically considered a back-office cost center, Payment has recently taken on new importance.