Freight forwarders are an integral part of a sector that successfully transports goods worth $5.3 trillion every year. We are working for greater efficiency for all partners in this crucial business.
Become an IATA Cargo Agent
Become an IATA Cargo Agent and get industry recognition, in addition to joining the distribution network of IATA member airlines. As an IATA agent, you can join the Cargo Account Settlement Systems (CASS) at no cost.
More information on agency programs for Cargo Agents
Have a read at our CASS Service Charter (online), outlining services rendered and commitments to be expected by cargo agents from IATA.
If you are already an IATA agent and need support
Please contact us through our customer portal for questions related to your accreditation contract, CASS or CASSlink.
CargoLink - Directory of supply chain professionals
All CASS participants are automatically included in this directory of 20,000 supply chain professionals.
Get premium CargoLink membership.
Safety & security
Help shape tomorrow's cargo business
Several programs promote greater efficiency in the air cargo supply chain:
- Join the StB Cargo program and its 6 projects to transform air cargo:
- Freight forwarders, adopt our new eAWBLink industry tool and join the digital cargo community
- Sign up for Cargo iQ
Essential publications for Freight Forwarders
- Dangerous Goods Regulations: the trusted source to the trusted source to help you prepare and document dangerous shipments,
- Live Animals Regulations (LAR): the essential standard to ship animals in a safe, and cost-effective manner.
- Perishables & Pharma: all you need to know for temperature control and cold chain management for health care and food sectors goods, including pharmaceutical products and non-hazardous biological materials.
- The Air Cargo Tariffs (TACT): comprehensive information regarding air cargo rules, regulations, rates and charges.
- Cargo Handling Manual (ICHM):
- ULD Regulations (ULDR):
- Lithium Battery Shipping Guidelines (LBSG):
- Temperature Control Regulations (TCR):
- Cargo XML Messaging Manual & Toolkit:
IATA provides aviation training to thousands of professionals each year, helping to build careers and ensure sustainability throughout the industry. We offer a wide range course covering cargo and dangerous goods regulations to ensure safety and efficiency when accepting, handling, and shipping goods.
- Cargo Skills and Procedures (Classroom, 5 Days)
Develop a solid foundation for your cargo career by learning the fundamentals of cargo skills and procedures.
- Live Animals Transportation (Classroom, 3 days)
Learn the most up-to-date airline and government requirements pertaining to the transport of live animals by air.
- Temperature Sensitive Cargo Operations (Classroom, 3 days)
Handling a healthcare shipment is as much about people as it is technology. Learn how to handle these shipments safely and in compliance with IATA Temperature Control Regulations.
- ULD Operations (Classroom, 3 days)
This comprehensive course covers all operational topics required for category 3 staff.
- eCargo Business Process and Standards (Classroom, 4 days)
This course will teach you how to apply the business processes, functional specifications, and standards related to the e-Cargo program.
- Cargo Introductory Course (Distance Learning)
Learn about basic IATA cargo rules and procedures, how freight forwarders and airline cargo units operate, plus much more.