IATA collaborates with airports worldwide to ensure infrastructure development and charges adhere to established principles. We look forward to working with you to establish long-term strategies and to address near-term issues.
IATA supports the development and management of standards for the slot allocation process in consultation with airport coordinators and airlines. The standards are published in the IATA Worldwide Slot Guidelines.
Airports are eligible for an IATA code when requested by an airline or a computer reservation system.
Cargo handling is performed at thousands of airports all over the world by hundreds of companies, big and small. IATA actively drives the development of ground handling operations standards, best-practice processes and procedures and promotes global consistency and harmonization.:
Commitment to greater efficiency from airports and all industry partners will secure a sustainable future for aviation. IATA works with airports to drive cost-efficiency improvements. More on
IATA policy activities related to infrastructure
Towards user-friendly airports
Airport planning and infrastructure development must support safe, functional, capacity-optimized and user-friendly airports.
See what IATA has in place to support airport development.
Our security programs:
- Security Management Systems (SeMS) and Facilitation and Passenger Data
- API, PNR... discover our facilitation initiatives
Ground Handling Safety
The IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations (ISAGO) is an essential factor for safety on the ground, benefiting airports too. See on the
ISAGO registry which ground handlers are ISAGO-certified for your airport.
With around 900,000 aircraft ULDs in service representing a replacement value of over USD $1 Billion, ULDs are expensive assets that require correct handling. Many people in the industry do not know that ULDs are aircraft parts and directly contribute to flight safety. Help us raise awareness with the
ULD Safety Campaign
Publications for airports
- Airport Development Reference Manual (ADRM): guidance on designing airport facilities
- Airport Handling Manual
- IATA Ground Operations Manual (IGOM)
- Passenger Airport Data Interchange (PADIS) Message Standards Documents
- World Air Transport Statistics (WATS): complete statistical picture of the airline industry
- 20 Year Passenger Forecast
Airlines International free supplement
We proposes efficient services to airports, central stakeholders of the aviation industry.
Airport, Passenger & Security consulting: whether it is to build a new airport, add facilities or expand your market, our experts will ensure you meet all requirements for safety, security, efficiency and functionality.
- Airport Intelligence Services (AirportIS): the most powerful market intelligence and analysis tool for airports. Reliable traffic data and timely schedule information combining total market supply and demand in a single user-friendly platform.
- World Air Transport Statistics: have a complete statistical picture of the airline industry.
- SIS e-invoicing: e-invoicing for core suppliers and airlines with optional settlement services.
- Enhancement & Financing (E&F) Services: increased recovery rates, reduced administrative costs and improved financial reporting.
IATA provides aviation training to thousands of professionals each year, helping to build careers and ensure sustainability throughout the industry. Our courses and diplomas address airport planning, operations and management subjects, providing tools to meet growing infrastructure needs and competition.
Featured courses for Airports
- Airport Strategic Management (Classroom, 10 days)
Examine the challenges of managing airports and learn how to optimize your business performance accordingly.
- Basic Airside Safety (Distance Learning)
An interactive, flexible and cost-effective way to learn how to implement best practices in airside safety.
- Emergency Planning and Response for Airports (Classroom, 5 days)
Learn how to prepare and manage your team's response to airport emergencies by following ICAO and FAA standards and recommended practices
- Aviation Security Awareness (Distance Learning)
Build solid skills in aviation security, its regulations, concepts and recommended practices.