FRED+ is an easy-to-use and intuitive platform developed to support and facilitate CO2 emissions reporting for aircraft operators and states subject to CORSIA.
FRED+ has been developed using the latest technologies to facilitate CORSIA emissions reporting in accordance with ICAO requirements by pairing operators directly with their state authorities for safe and secure transmission of emissions data.
Users have access to analytical dashboards and benchmark reports that provide aircraft operators with valuable insights on fuel, emissions and operational efficiency.
FRED+ is accessible free of charge to all aircraft operators subject to CORSIA, their respective state authorities, and designated verifiers.
Request AccessAircraft operators and state authorities:
Request access to FRED+. Verifiers can only access by invitation from aircraft operators and should therefore not request access. Please refer to the FAQs for more information.
- FRED+ Access Guide with Mobile Phone Authentication (pdf)
- FRED+ Access Guide with Internet Browser Authentication (pdf)
FRED+ allows three type of user profiles to register and to pair up in order to comply with the CORSIA emissions reporting requirements:
- Aircraft operators. All aircraft operators are eligible to access FRED+, IATA member airlines, non-IATA members, private aviation, business jet operators
- State authorities designated to administer aircraft operators subject to CORSIA (e.g. National Civil Aviation Authorities)
- Verifiers accredited by National Accreditation Bodies and mandated by respective airlines to verify CORSIA emissions data
- User access management, differentiated user profiles and rights
- Direct pairing option, allowing aircraft operators and their respective administering authorities to directly connect for safe and secure transmission of data
- User defined analytical dashboards and benchmark reports
- Emissions Monitoring Plan (EMP) approval workflow and archiving function
- Data vault with manual and automated batch upload functionality
- Error logs and direct rectification of errors
- Step-by step emissions reporting engine, fully CORSIA (ICAO SARPs) compliant
- Verifier interface and validation pages
- State authority (e.g. CAA) administration pages
- State authority order of magnitude checklist
- Sustainable aviation fuel reporting (from 2021)
- Built in CERT functionality to address data gaps and emissions estimation
- CORSIA knowledge base
- Operator specific and customizable data validation features
Please fill in the webinar
form to request a dedicated webinar for you and your colleagues. Webinars will cover all FRED+ functionalities and explain in detail how the system can help you with your CORSIA reporting requirements.
Webinar presentations are open to airlines and state authorities and there is no cost for attending the sessions. The duration of each session is aproximately 90 minutes.
What is FRED+?
FRED+ is an easy-to-use and intuitive platform developed to support and facilitate CO2 emissions reporting for aircraft operators, verifiers and states subject to CORSIA.
Which aircraft operators can access FRED+?
FRED+ is available for all aircraft operators irrespective of IATA membership, size or type of operations.
Can FRED+ be used by an aircraft operator if its respective administering authority is not planning on using FRED+?
Yes, aircraft operators can use FRED+ independently of their administering authority to generate emissions reports and take full advantage of the analytical tools available.
Is it obligatory for airlines to use FRED+ for CORSIA CO2 emissions reporting?
No. Any airline wishing to use FRED+ will do so on a completely voluntary basis.
What is the difference between FRED+ and IATA Fuel Reporting?
The IATA Fuel Reporting portal is used by the industry to track progress towards its fuel efficiency target. FRED+ is designed specifically to support aircraft operators and states with CORSIA.
Data Submissions & Analytics
Does FRED+ support manual and automated input?
Yes, the system accepts manual and automated inputs, or a combination of both.
Will FRED+ perform any validation checks of the reported data?
Yes, automatic physical data checks on all information entering the system will be conducted.
How frequently do I need to enter fuel consumption data into FRED+?
As often as you like, from daily entries to annual submissions as required by CORSIA – whichever is most convenient for the user.
Will it be possible for states to submit an emissions report to ICAO using FRED+?
States will be able to export a report in the format required by ICAO for submission.
Can aircraft operators report Sustainable Alternative Fuels (SAF) consumption too?
Yes, the system will facilitate SAF reporting – and handle all additional supporting documentation required.
Can FRED+ also help with the Emissions Monitoring Plan (EMP)?
EMPs can be stored, archived and shared between aircraft operators and their respective authorities. Guidance materials and templates will be available for download from FRED+.
Will FRED+ already have reference information available, e.g. aerodromes, aircraft types and volunteering states?
Yes, all relevant reference information will be available and continuously updated.
If FRED+ can help with CORSIA reporting, can it help with other emissions reporting needs as well?
Customized output reports can be generated upon request by both aircraft and state users.
Will FRED+ offer fuel efficiency performance benchmarking?
Yes, FRED+ will offer customizable de-identified benchmark reports.
User Management & Data Security
Can my verifier access FRED+ and how do they register?
Yes, verifiers can access the system to validate data and upload verification reports. Verifiers can only access the system by following the invitation email that aircraft operators can issue within the system. It is not possible for verifiers to request access on their own.
Can there be more than one user for a given aircraft operator and state?
How does FRED+ ensure the data reported is kept safe and treated confidentially?
FRED+ is developed upon internationally-recognized and best-in-class data management and security standards. Regular data security and processing integrity audits of the system will be performed.
How will IATA ensure that only authorized parties can access FRED+?
A strict validation process will ensure only designated users from aircraft operators, states and verifiers can access FRED+. Access requests beyond this will be unconditionally declined.
If you have any questions, please contact us at