DG AutoCheck is a digital solution that enables airlines, ground handlers and freight forwarders to automatically check the compliance of the Shipper’s Declaration for Dangerous Goods (DGD) against all relevant provisions of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations. It facilitates as well the verification of the packages' marks and labels on dangerous goods consignments.
IATA Board industry priority
DG AutoCheck to play a key role in the transformation
At the 2019 IATA AGM, the IATA Board of Governors discussed the growing concern about the safety implications raised by the increase in the incidence of undeclared lithium battery shipments on commercial airlines.
To answer this need, IATA launched several new initiatives to address this growing safety risk, including a system for incident information sharing, a regulatory campaign to promote supply chain compliance and the use of the IATA Dangerous Goods (DG) AutoCheck solution.
Enhancing Dangerous Goods acceptance checks
Does the acceptance of dangerous goods shipments affect the timeliness of your operational processes? Do you want to improve efficiency but also reduce human errors?
Ensure you are applying all the provisions of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations for acceptance of dangerous goods by air and automatically check all state and operator variations. Our dangerous goods acceptance check validation tool applies all the provisions contained in the latest edition of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) through an automated compliance solution.
- Automates dangerous goods acceptance checks
- Validates compliance of all rules for every consignment
- Flags all issues identified
- Provides confidence in the accuracy of the acceptance checks
- Allows for analysis of the dangerous goods consignments processed for business intelligence
How does DG AutoCheck work?
Receive an e-DGD or scan and upload the Shipper’s Declaration into the tool. That’s it!
DG AutoCheck automatically verifies the integrity and completeness of the Shipper’s Declaration and provides a pictorial representation of the package, showing the required marks and labels to support the acceptance decision process.
Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology allows DG AutoCheck to transform legacy paper DGDs into electronic data. The resultant data is then automatically validated against the provisions of the DGR for the document check.
Safety, process & cost improvements
- Acceptance check quality is improved and consistent with the current edition of the DGR
- Any addenda to the DGR are immediately applied to the checks
- Staff can focus on exceptions, not routine, reducing human errors
- Staff’s DG training currency is verified and, if expired, access to the system is blocked
- Compliance-related errors are intercepted and flagged
- Significantly reduce DG checking process time
- Become paperless and centralize document validation
- Distribute check results such as data for the NOTOC or error report to the shipper
- Manage and monitor your organization’s acceptance checks centrally
- Avoid non-safety related costs
- Reduce rejection by airlines
- Minimize the risk of regulatory fines for non-compliance
- Decrease filing, reporting and compliance analysis costs
Learn more about DG AutoCheck
Interested in seeing the solution firsthand?
Please complete the form below and you will receive an email giving you access to the DG AutoCheck demo.
Are you ready to enhance your DG compliance?
Please complete the form below and one of our team members will contact you shortly for a personalized consultation and pricing options.