Airline Payment: from Cards to Blockchain (Classroom, 3 days)
Changing customer preferences and distribution channels, innovative technologies and regulation are impacting the world of payments. While security and cost of card payments present challenges today, instant bank transfers, electronic wallets and other innovations such as Blockchain are expected to further shape the future of payments. They will enable the creation of new payment solutions and the evolution of existing ones. What does this mean for airlines, and how can they best prepare for these changes?
In this course you will explore various payment methods, trends and opportunities for airlines. You will learn to compare options and recommend strategies for payment acceptance and management, taking into account market changes and customer needs, distribution channels optimization, cost, risk and cash flow.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training, and is part of the IATA Finance Academy.
Course Code: TALF-87
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have a university degree in finance, accounting, business administration or economics, and at least 2 years work experience in airline finance (not necessarily in the Finance department)
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
China, Beijing (IATA)
25 - 27 November, 2020
Register before 04 Nov, 2020 for a USD100 discount
Please register by 04 Nov
All prices are before tax. Class no: 110206
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Switzerland, Geneva (IATA)
29 - 31 March, 2021
Register before 29 Dec, 2020 for a 20% discount
Please register by 08 Mar
All prices are before tax. Class no: 132750
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Apply strategies to improve acceptance, reduce cost and increase the security of card payments
- Describe the implications of the latest payment trends and opportunities for the airline industry in light of new airline distribution models such as New Distribution Capability (NDC)
- Recommend new payment methods based on cost, risk and benefits
- Disruptions and Age of the Digital Customer
- The payment card industry, players and trends
- Card sales and transaction process
- Implementing and improving payment acceptance policies and procedures
- Reducing cost and increasing security of payments
- Efficient fraud prevention strategy
- Latest payment trends and opportunities for airlines
- Cost, risk and benefits analysis of payment methods
- Payment strategy for your airline
Who should attend
This course is recommended for Managers in:
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.