Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) Recurrent Category 3 Course
Completing this course fulfills ICAO and IATA training requirements and extends your qualification to handle and process dangerous goods for an additional 24 months. To be eligible for this course, you must hold a valid DGR Certificate at the time of your recurrent exam. If you do not meet the requirements for recurrent training, please see the relevant initial training course.
- The new edition (61st) of the DGR publication was released on 4 November 2019. If you purchased this course before 4 November 2019, you will have received the 60th DGR edition and be solely responsible for acquiring the 61st edition at the IATA Online Store for your exam in 2020.
Course Code: TCGP-14
This course is available in textbook format. Enrol at an Accredited Training School
to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
- This course requires approximately 25-35 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
If you are ordering printed materials that will require shipping, please check the shipping fees and applicable taxes.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, you must create a User Account for each individual. Registration and payment must be done through each User Account. You cannot use one User Account to purchase courses for multiple individuals. However, you may pay for multiple individuals by one credit card or bank transfer through each individual’s User Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual’s order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact Us for more information on how to register multiple users.
USD 240 (printed)
USD 260 (printed)
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Apply the IATA DGR correctly
- Understand all legal aspects and responsibilities of shippers, agents and operators (airlines) involved in the carriage of dangerous goods
- Identify dangerous goods permitted for transport and the DGR categories
- Pack, mark, and label dangerous goods correctly
- Complete a Shipper’s Declaration for Dangerous Goods
- Follow general emergency procedures when a damaged/leaking package is discovered
- Contents of the IATA DGR
- Dangerous goods classes and divisions
- Packing, marking, labeling and documentation requirements
- Radioactive materials
The training kit includes:
- Course guide
- The current edition of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations manual
- IATA Dangerous Goods Training Program, Book 1
- The IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) publication is updated at the beginning of every year and exams are based on the most recent edition. Students are solely responsible for acquiring the latest edition for their exam (this can be purchased from the IATA Online Store).
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- All Category 3 personnel as per Table 1.5.A of the IATA DGR
- Freight Forwarder staff preparing DG / HAZMAT shipments
- IATA Accredited Cargo Agents
- Personnel acting on behalf the operator in processing dangerous goods
Important: You must hold a valid DGR Cat. 3 certificate at the time of the recurrent exam
An IATA DGR CAT 3 Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Method: Online exam with remote supervision or an exam in one of IATA’s Exam Centers (where physical presence is required)
- Exam Format: Subjective type questions. Closed Text Book, the current edition of the DGR Manual is required during the exam
- Number of questions: 20 (total of 100 marks)
- Time Allowance: 3.5 hours
- Passing Grade: 80% correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: