e-Cargo Business Process and Standards (Classroom, 4 days)
Become an expert in e-business processes and standards, and understand the role of technology in air freight in order to assess and prepare your organization for the adoption of e-freight. This four-day course will provide you with the latest developments in e-cargo procedures, standard electronic messaging, and e-air waybill business rules. Learn about information exchange, system integration, and the technical requirements for core documents.
Air cargo procedures and standards involve the use of many types of documents and the movement of millions of document pouches worldwide. Air cargo should move towards electronic documents, becoming paperless, to increase its efficiency, and preserve the environment.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TCGT-07
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge of air cargo procedures
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Apply e-freight handbook methodology
- Implement e-freight standards
- Automate cargo processes
- Implement e-Cargo initiatives such as e-freight and e-AWB
- Launch successful e-AWB program
- e-freight: definition, benefits, stakeholders
- e-air waybill (AWB)
- e-Cargo business process and standards
- Technology to support e-cargo
- IATA Message Improvement Program (MIP)
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Any airline industry stakeholder intending to adopt e-freight
- Authorities responsible for e-Cargo
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.