IATA's aviation events are well known for their engaging subject matter, outstanding speakers, lively debates and, of course, some of the best networking opportunities you'll find anywhere in the industry.
For the first time in Europe, we are launching Wings of Change, our flagship event where you can join the debate to discuss the future of air transport with CEOs, government authorities, industry and non-industry experts as well as key decision makers.
Wings of Change takes place at a critical time for air transport as it contends with an unprecedented increase in demand, capacity bottlenecks in the air and on the ground, and looks to harness the many opportunities of the digital revolution.
- AVIATION COMPETITIVENESS: Launch of the first-ever, Europe-wide Aviation Competitiveness Index. Transport Minister roundtable discussion and Airline CEO quick-fire Q&A, moderated by the BBC. Followed by a discussion about how to address the current capacity crunch, both in the air and on the ground
- SAFETY & SECURITY: How collaboration among regulators, airlines, regulators and states, can ensure the highest level of safety and the sustainability of air transport in Europe. The discussion will include EU representatives, regulators, and industry CEOs. Security, particularly cybersecurity, will also be addressed
- INNOVATION: How disruptive technologies and business models are impacting the airline industry and how new payment systems are upending traditional airline payment systems and distribution. Are airlines harnessing all of the power from the data they manage?
- SUSTAINABILITY: This session will bring together airlines, Non-Government Organizations, manufacturers, governments and Air Navigation Service Providers, aiming to encourage dialog and review actions to reduce the environmental impact of aviation
- DIVERSITY: The aviation industry, like others, has challenges achieving full gender diversity; what best practices can be rolled out to improve this?
Top Executives and Airline CEOs Speakers and Participants (in alphabetical order by last name):
- ABALOS Jose Luis, Minister of Public Works, Government of Spain
- AL BAKER Akbar, CEO, Qatar Airways
- BARRIGA Montserrat, Director General, European Regions Airline Association (ERA)
- BERTOMEU MARTINEZ Carlos, CEO, Air Nostrum
- BRENNAN Eamonn, DG, EUROCONTROL
- CANDELA Fernando, CEO, Iberia Express
- CHETCUTI Clifford, CEO, Air Malta
- CLAEYS Bruno, CEO, Evelop Airlines
- CORNELIS Filip, Director for Aviation, Directorate General for Mobility & Transport, European Commission
- DE JUNIAC Alexandre, DG & CEO, IATA
- DE PALMAS Antonio, MD, Boeing Southern Europe
- DE VROEY Vincent, Director of Civil Aviation, AeroSpace and Defence Industries Association of Europe (ASD)
- GALLEGO Luis, CEO, Iberia
- GEORGES Maurice, Director of Air Navigation, Direction des Services de la Navigation Aérienne (DSNA)
- GEROGIANNIS Dimitrios, CEO, Aegean Airlines S.A.
- GOULD Kian, CEO & Founder, AOE
- GUILLERMET Florian, Executive Director, SESAR Joint Undertaking (SJU)
- HALLAM II Tom, CEO, Somon Air
- HENTTU Pekka, Director General - Aviation, Finnish Transport Safety Agency (TraFi) & Management Board Chair, EASA
- HIDALGO Maria Jose, CEO, Air Europa
- HOLOLEI Henrik, Director General for Mobility & Transport, European Commission
- HOUALLA Marc, Executive Director, Managing Director, Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport
- KY Patrick, Executive Director, European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)
- LOPEZ MEYER Gilberto, SVP Safety & Flight Operations, IATA
- MAROTO Reyes, Minister of Industry, Trade & Tourism, Government of Spain
- MARQUES Pedro, Minister of Planning and Infrastructure, Government of Portugal
- METELLO Tomaz, Chairman, euroAtlantic Airways
- MILCZARSKI Rafał, CEO & President, LOT Polish Airlines
- NANE Mehmet T., CEO, Pegasus Airlines
- NERI Roberta, CEO, Ente Nazionale Assistenza al Volo (ENAV)
- PEARCE Brian, Chief Economist, IATA
- POOLE Jeff, Director General, Civil Air Navigation Services Organisation (CANSO)
- REYNAERT Thomas, Managing Director, Airlines for Europe (A4E)
- SAIZ Enrique, CEO, Wamos Air
- SCHVARTZMAN Rafael, RVP Europe, IATA
- SCIACCHITANO Salvatore, Executive Secretary, European Civil Aviation Conference (ECAC)
- SPOHR Carsten, CEO, Lufthansa Group
- VAN ENK Rogier, VP Digital Revenue & Distribution, Finnair
- WARINSKO Nicolas, General Manager, SESAR Deployment Manager (SDU)
List updated Thursday, 27 September 2018
Looking forward to seeing you there so please register.