The 65th IATA Annual General Meeting (AGM) and World Air Transport Summit took place in Kuala Lumpur, 7 - 9 June 2009, hosted by Malaysian Airlines.
The AGM has become a wonderful opportunity for leaders of the international airline community to exchange views on the challenges facing our industry and strategies for success. The 2009 edition was no exception.
A major decision this year was our industry's commitment to carbon neutral growth by 2020. The was a call for a major resizing and reshaping of the entire air transport value chain as airlines battle the ongoing global economic crisis.
Speech by IATA's Director General & CEO
- Aviation Leaders Gather in Kuala Lumpur
- TAP launches IATA’s carbon offset program
- IATA Announces Eagle Winners
- Carbon-Neutral Growth By 2020
- IATA GALA Award Honors Singapore’s Minister Mentor Lee
- Reshaping to Build a Stronger Industry
- Loss Forecast Increases to US$9 Billion
- Cathay Pacific’s Tyler is New IATA Chairman