The 66th IATA Annual General Meeting and World Air Transport Summit, was held in Berlin from 6-8 June 2010, hosted by Deutsche Lufthansa.
The global economic recession continues to impact harshly on our revenues and bottom lines. While traffic levels are beginning to rise, yields are not improving as quickly. The labor force, seeing traffic returning to previous levels, would like a share of our non-existent profits. The uncoordinated approach of governments--particularly on security and environment--threatens added costs. Security, safety and environment are top priorities and constant challenges. But investments must deliver real improvements.
Speech by IATA's Director General & CEO
- Aviation Leaders Gather in Berlin
- IATA GALA Award Honors Neil Armstrong
- IATA Announces Eagle Awards
- Global Aviation Returns to Profitability -But Europe Still in the Red-
- Four Cornerstones of Change -IATA Launches Vision 2050-
- FedEx’s Bronczek is New IATA Chairman
- Axe the Tax -Airlines Protest EUR 1 billion German Cash Grab
- IATA Brings Transparency to Baggage Rules - New Simplifying the Business Project