The 70th IATA Annual General Meeting and World Air Transport Summit was held in Doha, from 1 to 3 June 2014, kindly hosted by Qatar Airways.
This was a very special AGM, marking the 100th year of commercial aviation. And it was fitting that we marked the entry into our second century of doing business by visiting the Middle East, which is one of the most dynamic regions in the aviation world.
The State of Qatar is at the heart of the fast-growing Gulf region and it proved a great location for industry leaders to discuss, debate and find solutions to our most pressing issues. Qatar is known the world over for its warm hospitality, and along with its forward-thinking neighbors in the Gulf is a leading example of the economic and social benefits that flow from government policies which encourage aviation connectivity.
- Qatar Airways & Hamad Int Airport Commit to Innovative Solutions for Improved Passenger Experience & Security (3 June)
- Air Canada’s Rovinescu is the new IATA Chairman (3 June)
- Airline Leaders Will Assemble in Miami in June 2015 (3 June)
- Industry Addressing Aircraft Tracking Options (3 June)
- IATA Members Set Out Steps Needed to Tackle Problem of Unruly Passengers (2 June)
- New NDC Pilots Announced (2 June)
- A Global Mindset for Commercial Aviation’s Next Century (2 June)
- Industry Celebrates its Centennial in the Black (2 June)
- IATA Annual General Meeting Opens in Qatar (2 June)
- Opening Press Conference (28 May)
- Tony Tyler's State of IATA (2 June)
- Tony Tyler's State of the Industry (2 June)
- Tony Tyler's opening press conference remarks (28 May)
AGM photos available for download