Geneva – The International Air Transport Association (IATA) announced that “Disrupters and Enablers to Aviation Security” will be the theme for the 2019 AVSEC World Conference (Miami, 26-28 February).
"Innovations in security screening technology, passenger processing and risk management have contributed to improvements in aviation security and the customer experience. But challenges to aviation security are constantly evolving. Keeping a step ahead of security threats requires even greater collaboration by government and industry. AVSEC World puts the top issues in aviation security on the table for a broad range of stakeholders to gain insights on which to make critical decisions," said Nick Careen, IATA's Senior Vice President, Airport, Passenger Cargo and Security.
Keynote speakers include:
- Alexandre de Juniac, IATA Director General and CEO
- David Pekoske, Administrator, U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- Chief Thomas Galati, Commanding Officer of the Intelligence Bureau, New York Police Department (NYPD)
- Henrik Hololei, Director General, Directorate General Mobility and Transport (DG MOVE) European Commission
Other conference features will include:
- Balancing Biometrics Facilitation and Security
- Aviation Cyber Security and Beyond
- Screening Challenges and Solutions
- Inflight Security and Safety
- Latin American Regional Pathway
- Workshop in partnership with the ICAO Working Group on Innovation in Aviation Security.
View the complete program and speakers (pdf)
For more information, please contact:
Tel: +41 22 770 2967
Notes for Editors:
- IATA (International Air Transport Association) represents some 290 airlines comprising 82% of global air traffic.
- You can follow us at http://twitter.com/iata for news specially catered for the media.