The IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) is a global industry standard for airline operational safety auditing. For two decades, IOSA has become the industry benchmark in safety auditing, contributing to improving safety performance and providing extensive cost-saving measures for IOSA participating airlines. The program is a condition for IATA membership.
IATA continually develops the IOSA Standards and Recommended Practices (ISARPs), in cooperation with industry partners, and is the custodian of the IOSA Audit Reports, and manages the IOSA Registry.
Vision and Strategic Pillars
IOSA's vision is "to be the leader of operational safety auditing in an accident-free world"
Benefits for Airlines and Regulators
- Quality audit program under stewardship of IATA
- Continuous updating of standards to reflect regulatory revisions and best practices
- Elimination of audit redundancy, reducing costs and audit resource requirements
- Accredited audit organizations with formally trained and qualified auditors
- Accredited training organizations with auditor training courses
- Structured audit methodology, standardized checklists