The IATA Revenue Accounting Manual (RAM) explains the standard billing procedures for the interline accounting of Passenger, Cargo, UATP and Miscellaneous revenues.
Overview of content
- Rules governing interline accounting including regulations relating to currency of collection and billing
- Essential information on the preparation and handling of invoices/credit notes covering passenger, excess baggage and cargo billing together with procedures in respect of unacceptable charges
- Standard Agreement for Passenger Interline Accounting on a sampling basis
- SIS Agreement, and the permanent Services Agreement.
- All settlement rule changes approved by the 5th IBS OPS General Meeting
The RAM for 2021
The 2020 Revenue Accounting Manual edition has been extended through December 31st 2021. The 2020 edition will remain in effect as there were no voting proposals in 2020 due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. There will be no RAM rule changes in 2021.
What's in the package
The 2020 edition of the Revenue Accounting Manual is only available in an electronic format via Windows application and provides a number of essential resources:
- An electronic version of the updated 2020 RAM Manual
- Search, Annotation and Index functions for the RAM
- Reports and Agendas from previous Revenue Accounting Meetings, including WF
User Licensing: A new scale of licenses has been implemented for multiple users of the RAM as follows
- Assure to purchase the number that best suits your needs as there is an Activation code allocated to each band.
- Please note that in the 2020 edition, Revenue Accounting Working Group have been replaced under the new governance structure by the Interline Billing and Settlement Operations Working Group (IBS OPS WG). And SIS acronym now stands for Simplified Invoicing and Settlement.
The 2020 Revenue Accounting Manual will remain effective from 01 January 2020 to December 31st 2021.