The IATA Revenue Accounting Manual (RAM) explains the standard billing procedures for the interline accounting of Passenger, Cargo, UATP and Miscellaneous revenues.
Order the Revenue Accounting Manual online
2023 Revenue Accounting Manual (RAM)
What's inside the Revenue Accounting Manual?
- Rules governing interline accounting including regulations relating to currency of collection and billing
- Essential information on the preparation and handling of invoices/credit notes covering passenger, excess baggage and cargo billing together with procedures in respect of unacceptable charges
- Standard Agreement for Passenger Interline Accounting on a sampling basis
- SIS Agreement, and the permanent Services Agreement.
- All settlement rule changes approved by the 7th IBS OPS General Meeting
What's new in the Revenue Accounting Manual?
The RAM 2022 reflects 15 papers approved by the IBS OPS GM (Interline Billing and Settlement Operations General meeting) on 15 October 2021. Some of the important RAM 2022 changes are:
- The clarification in case of conflicting information about the planned schedule change to prevent interline disputes. The RAM Involuntary Reroute and Planned Schedule Change Flow Chart is also revised.
- Non-Renewal of Limited Exception for Interline Paper Excess Baggage Tickets
- A rewrite and simplification of the tax chapter aiming to minimize interline billing disputes
- Multiple revisions on RAM B8-Enhanced Distribution Capability Chapter
- Frequent Flyer Award Ticket Settlement
- Introduction of a RAM Online Ballot Procedure
- Revision of the correspondence rule for handling with the suspended carrier during and after the IATA Clearing House Special Clearance
- Change the time limits for the correspondence stage (Cargo)