IATA accreditation greatly simplifies the business relationship between travel agents and airlines.
Some 60,000 IATA travel agents worldwide currently benefit from IATA accreditation, selling US $220 billion worth of airline tickets on behalf of IATA airline members.
US Travel Agents please visit the IATAN website.
Travel Agent Accreditation Benefits:
- Access to IATA airline members with a single Sales Agency Agreement which authorizes the sale of international and/or domestic tickets
- Access to IATA’s Billing and Settlement Plan (BSP), an efficient interface for invoicing and payment between the agent, airlines and transport providers
- Unique identification throughout the global travel industry with the “IATA Numeric Code”
- Use of the "IATA Accredited Agent" logo providing visibility and credibility on premises and website
- Professional recognition - eligible agency employees can apply for the IATA/IATAN ID Card - giving access to travel suppliers' concessionary offers
- Standardized procedures to ensure fair dealings with the airlines