(Effective May 2016)
Any references to IATA shall include IATAN, and vice versa. In consideration of IATA issuing the Applicant (the “Applicant” or “You”) an IATA/IATAN Travel Agent ID Card (the “Card”), the Applicant, as the authorized holder of the issued Card (“Cardholder”), agrees:
1. That the Card remains, at all times, the property of IATA and the Cardholder shall return it to IATA upon request.
2. That since the Card issued is unique to the Cardholder, the Cardholder shall not allow the Card, its identification number or any other information contained on the Card to be used by any other person, whether associated with the same agency (the “Agency”) as the Cardholder or not, in such a way as to imply that such other person is the Cardholder.
3. To return the Card to IATA for updating or reissuing within seven (7) days when any information contained on the Card becomes inaccurate, and to return the Card for cancellation within seven (7) days if the Cardholder no longer qualifies to hold such a Card.
4. To inform IATA immediately in the event that the Card is lost or stolen.
5. That IATA may charge a fee to renew or reissue a Card, or for administration of declined applications and payments made with insufficient funds. The amount of such service charges shall be available to the Cardholder from IATA upon request.
6. Not to tamper with any information or photograph contained on the Card, or any other aspect of the Card, to surrender the Card immediately upon demand to any representative of IATA, representative of a person from whom the Cardholder is seeking privileges by use of the Card, or any police or court official.
7. That this Card is NOT a credit card and that the Cardholder shall not say or take any action which will lead a person to believe that IATA has guaranteed the credit, conduct or credibility of the Cardholder.
8. That, while the Cardholder may be entitled to certain discounts or benefits, the Card does not guarantee the holder to have any discount, which is entirely at the discretion of the supplier. IATA shall therefore not bear any liability if the Cardholder does not obtain such discounts or benefits.
9. That the Card is valid for either twelve (12) or, if specified in a separate communication, twenty-four (24) months from the date your card is approved (for Cards issued outside the U.S.A.) or until the last day of the month and year indicated on the face of the Card (for Cards issued in the U.S.A.) (“Expiry”). Any Card that is lost/stolen and subsequently replaced shall keep the original Expiry for the remainder of the then-current term.
10. Not to use the Card for any purpose after the Expiry date.
11. That IATA may notify its suppliers or any other persons, which may make use of the Card, of the Cardholder’s participation in the IATA ID Card Program, and may remove the Cardholder’s name from the IATA registration system if the Cardholder breaches any of the conditions set out in this agreement.
12. That IATA is authorized to disclose information regarding the Cardholder’s status with the IATA-accredited location the Cardholder is registered at, as well as the Cardholder’s status with IATA, and the validity of the Card.
13. That the Cardholder will repay to any supplier any discount received if the Cardholder has obtained such discount by using the Card in any manner not permitted by this agreement.
14. That IATA has the right at any time and from time to time to verify the information collected with this form or subsequently by interviewing the Cardholder or other staff of the relevant Agency, and/or by inspecting and requiring the provision of further supporting documentation from the Cardholder or other staff of this Agency, including T4 forms, pay slips, disbursement records and payroll registers. Should such interviews, inspections or provision of information be refused, or should any of the information provided turn out to be false, the Card may be withdrawn or declared invalid, and airlines and other industry suppliers notified accordingly.
15. That IATA may amend the terms of this agreement at any time. No such amendment may require the Cardholder to pay any retroactive additional charges or fees, but may increase future service charges.
16. That IATA assumes no responsibility for the misuse of the Card, and cannot be held liable for any costs incurred on behalf of or with any supplier. The Cardholder agrees to indemnify IATA for any expenses incurred by same through misuse of the Card by the Cardholder.
17. That IATA may use the Cardholder’s application data and transmit them as necessary for the operation of the Card scheme and its related services.
18. The Cardholder agrees that IATA may use his or her personal information collected with this form (or subsequently in connection with the Cardholder’s participation in the Card program), and may communicate same to third parties (including outside the province, state or country of residence of the Cardholder), for the permitted purposes listed in this form. Such permitted purposes include, without limitation, administering the Card program, allowing the Cardholder to obtain industry concessions, receiving and transmitting information or offers from travel industry suppliers, and any other reasons as required or permitted by applicable law.
19. The Cardholder consents to receiving by email the Card Newsletter and any other commercial material related to the Card program or as specified in the previous section. The Cardholder is entitled to decide and opt-out at any time from commercial material communicated to his or her email.
20. The Cardholder consents to IATA including in and making available as part of its database products sold to the industry by IATA, the following information about the Cardholder collected with this form: IATA Verification Number, Cardholder full name, position or role within the Agency currently employing the Cardholder, number of years of travel industry experience, and email address. The Cardholder is entitled to opt-out at any time from his or her email being so included in IATA’s database products.
21. That the Cardholder’s personal information collected with this form or subsequently will be kept electronically in an electronic database accessible only by IATA employees, their subcontractors, heirs, assignees on a need-to-know basis. This file will be identified with the information allowing to identify the Cardholder.
22. If the Cardholder wishes to access or request a rectification of his or her file, and/or no longer wishes to receive communications as permitted further to this agreement, the Cardholder may address its demand in writing to IATA’s customer service team at the address set out on the first page of the application form.
23. That the Cardholder’s personal information may be shared with any Card program partner allowing industry concessions upon the presentation of the Card for identification purposes, as well as for the confirmation of the extent of the industry concessions available to a legitimate Cardholder, if the Cardholder requests such an industry concession, wherever such Card program partner may be located in the world. The Cardholder agrees and acknowledges that those industry concessions are always subject to the suppliers’ discretion and that possession of the Card does not guarantee that such concessions will be available. For air travel concessions using the Card, the Cardholder shall refer to IATA Resolutions 880 and 880a.
The employer for which the Applicant works (the “Employer”) certifies the following:
24. The Applicant is a bona fide employee or consultant of the Employer, working in a remunerated position at the Agency location indicated herein and is at least 18 years of age. The Applicant and Employer, by making this application, authorize IATA to verify the employment status of this Applicant at any time and from time to time, including as referred to in Section 14 above. IATA reserves the right to amend, suspend or discontinue the Agency’s participation in the Card program in whole or in part in the event that the interviews, inspections or provision of information by the Agency are refused or are not made available for any reason, or that any of the information provided by the Agency turns out to be false or misleading.
25. The Applicant devotes at least fifty percent (50%) of his/her working time to the promotion and sale of travel, and is paid by salary and/or on a commission basis and is shown on the appropriate disbursement records of the Agency.
26. The enclosed photograph of the Applicant is current and a good likeness of the Applicant.
27. The Employer agrees to use its best efforts to ensure that the Applicant does not misuse the Card in breach of the Cardholder Agreement, and remains ultimately responsible for the actions of the Cardholder in relation to the Card. In the event the Cardholder fails to indemnify IATA further to Section 16 above, the Employer shall indemnify IATA for any expenses incurred through misuse of the Card by the Cardholder.
28. The Employer acknowledges that IATA may inform suppliers of any misuse of the Card and that such communication may contain the name of the Employer Agency.
29. The Employer acknowledges that the Card is valid for either twelve (12) or, if specified in a separate communication, twenty-four (24) months from the date your card is approved (for Cards issued outside the U.S.A.) or until the last day of the month and year indicated on the face of the Card (for Cards issued in the U.S.A.) (“Expiry”). Any Card that is lost/stolen and subsequently replaced shall keep the original Expiry for the remainder of the then-current term.
30. The Employer is responsible for ensuring that the Cardholder returns the Card if the Applicant/Cardholder leaves the Employer’s employment or otherwise ceases to be eligible to hold the Card. Applicant and Employer should retain a copy of this Agreement for their records.
By electronically accepting these Terms and Conditions of the IATA/IATAN Cardholder Agreement, You declare that You have read and accept same and that the information furnished on this Application Form is true and correct. You also understand that any false declaration will lead to the cancellation and blacklisting of Your Card. Where an authorized representative of the Applicant is completing the Application Form and accepting these Terms and Conditions on behalf of the Applicant, the authorized representative agrees to be responsible for the Applicant being informed of, and complying with, these Terms and Conditions.