An agency identification program that allows the bookings of travel sales intermediaries to be recognized by industry suppliers from airlines, hotel & resort chains, cruise lines, car rental companies, theme parks, and rail companies.
A travel intermediary that has been accepted into the TIDS program has been properly vetted by IATA, meets all industry requirements, and can access a broad supplier network to book travel and receive commissions.
Be part of the digital transformation of the travel industry!
As the digital transformation of the industry ramps up, industry-wide standard identification of sales intermediaries has become critical. To facilitate this, IATA TIDS will be free of charge** from October 2020. We will be launching a new information management platform in the coming months to allow you to easily maintain your agency profile and details online. Watch this space.
Get instant recognition industry-wide
As your travel business grows, the number of industry suppliers you contract with also increases. Your administration becomes more complex, with multiple accounts and identifiers to be managed and kept updated. Consequently, your operating costs increase.
The IATA Travel Industry Designator Service (TIDS) provides a unique identification code, recognized by airlines and most travel industry suppliers, such as hotels and car rental companies, and their electronic reservation systems worldwide. Ensuring proper and efficient identification of the bookings of travel agents and sales intermediaries like you**, it enables you to streamline your operations and manage your costs.
** Located outside the USA. US Agents should visit the IATAN website for information about the Non-Ticketing Program.
Are you an industry supplier? Please visit the TIDS for Industry Suppliers page.
Do business more simply
As a participant of the IATA TIDS program, you can:
- Rely on a single identifier recognized by an entire industry, that’s completely free of charge*
- Access a broad supplier base
- Speed up and secure reservations
- Maintain information about your business in a single place*
* As of October 2020
Enable your business to grow
- Create new business opportunities – The IATA TIDS identifier is recognized, and sometimes required, by travel and tourism suppliers and their systems around the world. The information associated with each TIDS participant is included in IATA global Agency List, which is trusted by hundreds of suppliers to identify commercial partners and manage relationships with them, including granting commissions.
- Streamline your administration – IATA's TIDS program helps you reduce the complexity and costs of managing multiple industry IDs. The TIDS identification management platform provides you one single place to update changes to your information and have those changes relayed to all suppliers using IATA's agency list.
1. Complete your application – Fill the form below and gather your supporting documents, as per instructions in the form. See the sample recommendation letter for information to include, should you need it.
- TIDS Application form (EN) (pdf)
- TIDS Application form (FR) (pdf)
- TIDS Application form (ES) (pdf)
- Sample of recommendation letter (pdf)
2. Submit your application via the IATA Customer Portal (instructions on form).
- Government-issued license for travel agents (where applicable) or a copy of business registration
- Evidence of a bank account in the name of the company
- National Travel Agent Association proof of membership (if applicable)
- One (1) letter of recommendation from an IATA Airline or Global Distribution System (GDS)
Two (2) letters of recommendation, on company letterhead, from travel and tourism industry suppliers such as hotel chains, car rental companies, theme parks, etc.
Maintain your business information
Travel industry suppliers use IATA data to find partners and manage their relationships with them. If your business details change, ensure suppliers can continue finding you by updating your details on file with IATA. Submit the following form, duly completed, via the Customer Portal.
Request for Change form (pdf)
No longer need your TIDS code?
If you are ceasing business, complete the following form and submit it via the Customer Portal.
Relinquishment form (pdf)
Not sure this is what you need?