Aviation System Block Upgrades (ASBUs) Implementation (Classroom, 5 days)
ICAO estimates that US$120 billion will be spent on the transformation of air transportation systems in the next ten years due mostly to NextGen (USA) and SESAR (Europe). Parallel initiatives are underway in many areas including Asia Pacific, North and Latin America, Russia, Japan, and China.
The Aviation System Block Upgrades (ASBU) concept advances the ICAO Global Air Navigation Plan (GANP) (Doc 9750) with the goal of
implementing regional performance improvements. The ASBU concept focuses on four performance improvement areas: airport operations; global interoperable systems and data; optimum capacity and flexible flights; and efficient flight paths. ASBUs outline the air and ground equipment, and timelines for standards and procedures implementation. Be brought up to date on the work coordinated by ICAO and review the ASBU leading examples, NextGen and SESAR. This will help you to understand the principles behind moving to a common set of Air Traffic Management (ATM) solutions to ensure global interoperability. Understand the part you and your organization can play in implementing ASBUs.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TCVG-02
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
2 - 6 August, 2021
Register before 04 May, 2021 for a 20% discount
Please register by 12 Jul
All prices are before tax. Class no: 132913
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the ICAO GANP (Doc 9750) and its goal of regional performance improvements
- Relate the GANP to the ASBU concept, focusing on your region
- Describe the finer details of the ASBU components
- Know how to plan and manage implementation
- Reasons for the ASBU concept and what it solves
- The ASBU modular approach
- Review of the ICAO background to ASBUs
- ASBU program initiative
- Essential qualities of ASBU modules
- The 4 components of a Block Upgrade
- The role of Performance-based Navigation (PBN) in ASBUs and what it enables
- Stakeholder roles and responsibilities
- Industry and ANSP planning
- Numerous practical exercises
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Managers and staff at Air Navigation Service Providers responsible for developing an airspace concept for their national airspace and implementing ASBUs
- Civil Aviation regulators
- Airlines and airspace users
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: