Did you know that in the past 4 years, 117 participants from 20 countries have taken this course with IATA?
5-day (40 hours) classroom course
Learn about the latest standards and recommended practices in Aeronautical Information Management (AIM). In this 5-day live virtual course, gain the expertise, skills and knowledge to foster a collaborative Aeronautical information environment by aligning the data chain inputs and outputs to achieve quality aeronautical information products and services.
Course Code: TCVT-10
- You should have completed the IATA Quality Management System (QMS) Fundamentals, e-learning course, and you will also be given pre-course reading and an assignment.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form
or contact the Training Specialist
in your region.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe the aeronautical information objectives, responsibilities, products and services
- Distinguish between the participants of the aeronautical information data chain and their requirements
- Describe the safety implications of quality of data, correct data storage and efficient Aeronautical Information services distribution in the AIM environment
- Outline AIM standards and recommended practices and map operational processes
- Apply the principles of aeronautical quality management in the development of standard operating procedures for AIM functions
- Recognize the role of aeronautical information in the realization of the GANP and implementation of ASBU
- Apply basic communication and change management skills in the AIM environment
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Scope, objectives and responsibilities of aeronautical information service
- Examination of the roadmap for the transition of AIS to AIM
- Principal of quality, safety and change management applied to aeronautical information and its impact on enabling the air navigation system
- Standards and recommended practices pertaining to aeronautical information products and services
- Aeronautical information process mapping and operational procedure writing to support
This course is recommended for:
- AIS / AIM Practitioners
- AIS / AIM Supervisors and Managers
- Airline AIS/AIM practitioners
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.