Did you know that in the past 5 years, 30 participants from 6 countries have taken this course with IATA?
5-day (40 hours) classroom course
The global Air Traffic Management (ATM) industry is undergoing a major transformation with the objective of seamless air navigation services and enhancement of performance. This foundation course, and the required course for the Diploma in Air Navigation Services Management, covers the key management areas of Air Navigation Service Provider (ANSP) activities and planning. Gain a solid knowledge of modern business management practices in air navigation services to help you guide your organization to success. This interactive course provides examples and illustrations from ANSPs from around the world.
Course code: TCVG-04
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form
or contact the Training Specialist
in your region.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand the Air Navigation Services regulatory and institutional framework
- Apply a business-oriented approach that uses strategic planning tailored for ANSPs
- Master the financial side of running ATM operations including managing charges and funding ATM infrastructure
- Be prepared for emerging issues such as corporate social responsibility, environmental issues, business continuity, cyber security, codes of conduct, conflict of interest, and social media
- Support ICAO’s objectives, in particular, the Global Air Navigation Plan
- Align with CANSO and IATA’s objectives for transitioning to the future
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Strategic planning
ICAO Global Air Navigation Plan Doc 9750
Financial planning and budgeting
Enterprise risk management
Economic regulation and ANS charges
Aviation System Block Upgrades (ASBU)
- Performance measurement and bench marking
Human resource management
This course is recommended for:
- Executive and senior managers in Air Navigation Service Providers
Air Traffic Controller Officers (ATCO), operational staff, and supervisors
- Members of the Boards of Directors of Air Navigation Service Providers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.