Did you know that in the past 5 years, 5 participants from 2 countries have taken this course with IATA?
4-day (32 hours) classroom course
Severe weather conditions cause several million dollars of damage each year due to disruption and delays. Preparation is key to minimizing the impact on your operations. Through practical planning exercises and real-life examples, this one-of-a-kind course reviews operational obstacles due to weather and the solutions to address them. Explore planning tools and procedures that will help your airport respond to rare disturbances. Learn how to prepare your resources, equipment and staff to establish a proactive culture across your operations and organization.
Course Code: TAPP-36
- Participants should have prior knowledge of airport and ground operations.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Understand how adverse weather conditions produce complications
Build response and action plans that address the risks your airport faces
Minimize the impact of disruption and quickly return to normal operations
Strengthen cooperation between departments and operations to become more efficient in planning and response
Improve the allocation of resources, equipment and staff
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- The impact of weather conditions and other sources of disruption
- Storms, heavy rain and floods
Extreme cold and heat
Low visibility situations
- Resource and operations planning
- Developing a response plan and action plan
Equipment, staff and special training
Continuous improvement through self-assessment
Returning to normal operations
- Communication and collaboration with third parties
- Stakeholders you should involve
Communicating through the media
- Airside operations
- Runway operations
Ramp and passenger handling
Current and future regulations
This course is open to all operational managers and staff, including:
Station and ground operations managers
Airfield and airport operations managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.