Airport Operations Flow Planning and Optimization (Classroom, 3 days)
Good planning and analytics are key in optimizing all the operational areas at an airport. It ensures better utilization of infrastructure, improved passenger experience, and reduced wait-times at flow bottle necks. It also improves utilization of check-in infrastructure and flexible allocation (room for growth, delay/cancel expensive expansion projects, reduced queues in flow areas).
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course Code: TAPG-68
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge of Airport Operations, Terminal procedures, and Basic planning elements
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Gain better understanding of airport operations and how the various operational areas of the airport affect each other
- Utilize the methodology taught to improve the analytics and planning of their airport
- Get deep insight of planning and the correlation with actual operational optimization
- Complete an evaluation of systems and tools to build or acquire to improve operational planning and processes
- Operational Optimization
- Planning of security lane openings (reduced wait times and optimized staffing)
- Staff planning
- Savings in CAPEX and OPEX using existing infrastructure
- Passenger flow management
- Structuring of teams for analysis
- Use of analytics and planning tools for improved planning
- Case studies
- Examples for application of analytics
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airport Operations Managers
- Airport Analytics Specialist
- Airport Planners
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.