Cost Reduction Strategies for Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSPs) (Classroom, 5 days)
Profit from the best practices of international leaders in Air Navigation Service (ANS) Provision to reduce your costs and improve your operating results without comprising your safety performance. Find the right balance between meeting customer expectations, regulatory obligations, charging for services and improving service quality and cost-effectiveness.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TCVG-57
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of the general functions and financial structure of an ANSP.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Describe the components of ANSP financial costs
- Apply tools and techniques to manage costs
- Explain specific cost reduction strategies from a broad aviation perspective
- Review benchmarking cost efficiency studies
- Identify opportunities to offset the costs of providing services
- Suggest strategies to avoid and/or mitigate risks, arising from cost reductions
- Explain how human factors impact cost reduction strategies
- Mandate and mission of an ANS Provider
- Specific cost reductions strategies from a corporate and airline perspective
- Managing capital project costs effectively
- Benchmarking and cost reductions
- Cost recovery, cost offsetting
- Managing costs risks
- Human Factors in cost management
- Case studies and exercises
- Videos, discussions and examples
- Written examination
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Executives and managers of Air Navigation Service Providers
- Airline managers responsible for user charges
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: