Implementing Baggage Tracking through RFID and XML Messaging (Classroom, 3 days)
IATA Resolution 753 on baggage tracking aims to encourage airlines to reduce baggage mishandling by implementing cross-industry baggage tracking. This is unanimously supported by IATA Airline Members in the global deployment of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID). Modern baggage messaging standards are also encouraged to ensure accurate tracking of baggage in real-time. This course is targeted to baggage operations managers within airlines, airports and ground handlers who need to implement baggage tracking in the most effective and cost-efficient way across an airline route network and within individual airports.
Over 3 days, you will explore the different options to track baggage with a specific focus on RFID and learn how tracking data can be exchanged with other parties through the latest industry standards such as baggage XML messaging. You will also have hands-on practice of developing and refining your own baggage tracking implementation plan following the latest trends and best practices.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TAPG-66
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
China, Beijing (IATA)
31 August - 2 September, 2020
Register before 10 Aug, 2020 for a USD100 discount
Please register by 10 Aug
All prices are before tax. Class no: 110506
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Analyse the opportunities for service improvements and cost reductions through the implementation of baggage tracking solutions
- Discuss the implementation process and predict potential points of concern
- Identify the priorities and roles of the other stakeholders in the process
- Investigate how new technology will support the implementation with minimum investment and maximum results
- Meaning and practice of IATA Resolution 753
- Data exchange technologies and formats
- Core basics of RFID and specifications for interline baggage and best practices
- Baggage XML standards and best practices
- Implementation patterns and best practices for airports, airlines, IT providers and ground handlers
- Implementation at all stages (bag drop, loading, arrivals, transfers, interline operations and prorates)
- Practical class exercises
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline baggage managers
- Airport operations committee project managers
- Handling agreements managers
- Ground handlers
- Airport infrastructure managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.