Cargo Accident Investigation and Prevention (Classroom, 5 days)
Air cargo accidents must be taken very seriously. They require immediate attention upon occurrence. It is crucial to identify as soon as possible the root causes of the incident in order to avoid re-occurrence whilst adjusting the safety management system of the organization. A good investigation often leads to improved prevention. This course will provide you with the necessary tools and techniques to complete a professional cargo accident investigation process taking into account both the process and the human factor involved. The course follows a model similar to accident investigation and is based on the ICAO Annex 13.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TCGP-29
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Investigate accidents and incidents properly
- Interview and analyze ramp and warehouse accident scenarios
- Improve your interviewing and questioning skills Use management tools for accident prevention
- Drive a safer work environment
- Reporting of accidents and incidents
- How to investigate accidents and incidents
- Approaches to interviewing people involved directly vs. witnesses by Cargo Safety
- Providing an understanding of human behavior and communication skills
- Introduction to ICAO investigations requirements
- Creating awareness of ICAO Airport and Cargo Operating Environment
- Introduction to categories of accidents and accident investigation levels
- Providing an understanding of organization cultures
- Erosion of Safety Margins and Defenses
- Accident prevention plans
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Warehouse personnel
- Cargo safety managers
- Safety officers
- Front Line Supervisors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.