Cargo Airline Customer Service (Classroom, 3 days)
Providing excellent customer service is essential to the long-term viability of every business. In today's climate where every customer service provider is under pressure, we appreciate the importance of building lasting, valuable relationships with customers. This course introduces the fundamental elements of customer service and explains how they can be applied in any organization, for all employees, ensuring you are equipped to meet and exceed the customer's expectations. You will learn about customer needs and demands, the ethics of customer service, and customer contact techniques to help your business develop its customer service program to the highest level.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TCGP-70
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge of air cargo procedures
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the principles of customer service excellence
- Apply the fundamental aspects of customer service in a business
- Recognize the various social styles and cultural differences of airline customers
- Develop customer loyalty and feel confident in any customer situation
- Communicate and collaborate with customers utilising efficient communication processes
- Obtain customer feedback to continuously refine a customer service program
- Basic principles of customer service
- Communication styles
- Building trust and service ethics
- Customer loyalty
- Net promoter score
- Customer lifetime value
- Customer relationship management
- Key account management
- Interactive exercises
- Classroom discussions
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Customer service staff with airlines, handling agents and air cargo agents/forwarders
- Sales executives/ Key account managers
- Reservation staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.