Cargo XML Messaging and Standards (Classroom, 3 days)
Did you know that in the past 4 years, 103 participants from 14 countries have taken this course with IATA?
IATA Cargo XMLStandard Accepted by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency
Learn how to implement Cargo-XML messaging in your organization and improve electronic communications. Cargo-XML aims to facilitate cargo business processes, fulfill regulatory requirements for Advance Cargo Information (ACI), and comply with security regulations like Electronic Consignment Security Declaration (e-CSD).
During this course you will analyze how Cargo-XML standards improve information exchange both within a company and between different stakeholders, such as shippers, freight forwards, ground handlers, airlines, regulators, and customs and security agencies. Using the IATA Cargo-XML manual and toolkit, learn how to implement Cargo-XML within your organization and how to convert between Cargo-XML and Cargo-IMP.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course Code: TCGG-06
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge of air cargo procedures
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the need for improved electronic messaging within the e-cargo business
- Use the Cargo-XML manual and toolkit
- Implement Cargo-XML
- Convert between Cargo-XML and Cargo-IMP messages
- Improve data quality within your organization
Cargo business processes and stakeholder interaction
- Cargo-XML electronic message structure: specification, fields, code list and layouts
- Cargo-XML schema
▪ Implementation of Cargo-XML messaging
- Conversion between Cargo-XML and Cargo-IMP messages
- Cargo-XML compliance with custom’s Advance Cargo Information (ACI) and e-cargo initiatives (e-air waybill, e-freight, e-consignment security declaration)
- Mapping and conversion between Cargo-IMP and Cargo-XML
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- E-Cargo project managers
- IT implementation managers and service providers
- Data quality managers
- Technology managers from customs or border protection authorities
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.