Cargo XML Messaging and Standards (Classroom, 3 days)
IATA Cargo XMLStandard Accepted by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency
Learn how to implement Cargo-XML messaging in your organization and improve electronic communications. Cargo-XML aims to facilitate cargo business processes, fulfill regulatory requirements for Advance Cargo Information (ACI), and comply with security regulations like Electronic Consignment Security Declaration (e-CSD).
During this course you will analyze how Cargo-XML standards improve information exchange both within a company and between different stakeholders, such as shippers, freight forwards, ground handlers, airlines, regulators, and customs and security agencies. Using the IATA Cargo-XML manual and toolkit, learn how to implement Cargo-XML within your organization and how to convert between Cargo-XML and Cargo-IMP.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TCGG-06
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge of air cargo procedures
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Turkey, Istanbul (TKAA-RTP)
7 - 9 July, 2020
Please register by 16 Jun
All prices are before tax. Class no: 123994
This class is offered in cooperation with Turkish Airlines
Aviation Academy. The regional price applies to residents of Turkey.
For information and to register, please contact:
Turkish Airlines Aviation Academy
Ataturk Airport; Gate B 34149 Yesilkoy
Phone: +90 (212) 463 63 63 - 12360 - 14257 - 13101
Benefit from the Early Bird discount of 20% if you register 3 months prior to the course start date or USD100 if you register 3 weeks prior to the course start date.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the need for improved electronic messaging within the e-cargo business
- Use the Cargo-XML manual and toolkit
- Implement Cargo-XML
- Convert between Cargo-XML and Cargo-IMP messages
- Improve data quality within your organization
- Beginner and Intermediate
- Cargo business processes and stakeholder interaction
- Cargo-XML electronic message structure: specification, fields, code list and layouts
- Cargo-XML schema
- Implementation of Cargo-XML messaging
- Conversion between Cargo-XML and Cargo-IMP messages
- Cargo-XML compliance with custom’s Advance Cargo Information (ACI) and e-cargo initiatives (e-air waybill, e-freight, e-consignment security declaration)
- Mapping and conversion between Cargo-IMP and Cargo-XML
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- E-Cargo project managers
- IT implementation managers and service providers
- Data quality managers
- Technology managers from customs or border protection authorities
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.