Air Cargo Business Processes, Electronic Messaging and Pre-Load Data Filing (classroom)
Did you know that in the past 4 years, 103 participants from 14 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
3-day (24 hours) classroom course
Learn how to implement Cargo-XML messaging in your organization and improve electronic communications. Cargo-XML aims to facilitate cargo business processes, fulfill regulatory requirements for Advance Cargo Information (ACI) and comply with security regulations like Electronic Consignment Security Declaration (e-CSD). During this course you will analyze how Cargo-XML standards improve information exchange both within a company and between different stakeholders, such as shippers, freight forwards, ground handlers, airlines, regulators, and customs and security agencies. Using the IATA Cargo-XML manual and toolkit, learn how to implement Cargo-XML within your organization and how to convert between Cargo-XML and Cargo-IMP.
Course Code: TCGG-06
- Participants should have prior knowledge of air cargo procedures.
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Switzerland, Geneva (IATA)
27 - 29 September, 2023
Register before Mar 27, 2023 to take advantage of the 25% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 06 Sep
Find out more about our Early Bird Terms.
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 172101
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss the need for improved electronic messaging within the e-cargo business
- Use the Cargo-XML manual and toolkit
- Implement Cargo-XML
- Convert between Cargo-XML and Cargo-IMP messages
- Improve data quality within your organization
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
Cargo business processes and stakeholder interaction
- Cargo-XML electronic message structure: specification, fields, code list and layouts
- Cargo-XML schema
▪ Implementation of Cargo-XML messaging
- Conversion between Cargo-XML and Cargo-IMP messages
- Cargo-XML compliance with custom’s Advance Cargo Information (ACI) and e-cargo initiatives (e-air waybill, e-freight, e-consignment security declaration)
- Mapping and conversion between Cargo-IMP and Cargo-XML
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- E-Cargo project managers
- IT implementation managers and service providers
- Data quality managers
- Technology managers from customs or border protection authorities
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.