Environment and Sustainability - University of St Gallen
About the course
Learn how airlines and airports are trying to reduce and minimize their environmental impact, as well as their plans for continued future improvement. Discover how you can evaluate and address the specific environmental challenges facing your organization.
This course is part of the IATA - University of St. Gallen Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS) in Global Aviation Management.
Course Code: TALL-34
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by lecturers and professors at the University of St. Gallen.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- There are no prerequisites for this course, although a basic knowledge of common environmental issues could be helpful.
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
View more details
View fewer details
Switzerland, Geneva (USG-IATA)
28 - 31 March, 2022
Please register by 07 Mar
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 149729
For more information about this course and the IATA - University of St Gallen Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS) in Global Air Transport Management, please contact:
Dr. René Puls: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +41 71 224 73 46
Program Manager Global Air Transport Management
Center for Aviation Competence (University of St. Gallen)
CH-9000 St. Gallen
Geneva Training Center information
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Identify key factors for a sustainable aviation sector
- Address specific environmental challenges within your organization
- Develop evaluation methods for proper environmental assessment and management
- Update communication messages and tools
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
Aviation emissions, the 4-pillar strategy and CORSIA
- Noise disturbance and the “Balanced Approach”
- Local Air Quality
- Waste and water management
- Wildlife diversity
- Environmental and Sustainability Management Systems
- Self-study material
- Group presentations
- Online quizzes
- Final paper
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline and airport operators
- Civil aviation and regulatory authorities
- Aircraft and engine manufacturers
- Airport operators
- Air navigation service providers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
IATA - University of St Gallen Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS) in Global Air Transport Management
The diploma encompasses 12 courses, which will enable you to explore and analyze topics in-depth, ranging from aviation systems and revenue management to sustainability and change management.