Global Distribution Systems Fares and Ticketing - AMADEUS
This interactive e-learning course will teach you how to price journeys for all types of fares using the Amadeus Global Distribution Systems (GDS). You will have hands-on practise using the interactive Global Distribution Systems (GDS) simulation tool, which will help you analyze GDS displays relevant to mileage system pricing; read, interpret, and apply mileage and routing fare rules; and issue tickets. The simulation training is supported by an interactive workbook and reference notes on GDS commands, maps and key journey pricing terms and definitions.
Course code: TTTG-26
This course is available in e-learning format. Enrol at an Authorized Training Center
to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
- This course requires approximately 50
hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment
validity). You have a
maximum of 100 login hours to complete the course study. After the
enrollment validity expires, or
the 100 login hours are consumed, you will not have access to the course
content and will not be able to take the exam.
- This is computer-based, interactive simulation training,
accompanied by an interactive workbook and reference notes on GDS
commands, maps and key journey pricing terms and definitions.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
Learners must already be familiar with GDS system functionality, basic commands, and have the ability to interpret booked itineraries.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, you must create a User Account for each individual. Registration and payment must be done through each User Account. You cannot use one User Account to purchase courses for multiple individuals. However, you may pay for multiple individuals by one credit card or bank transfer through each individual’s User Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual’s order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact Us for more information on how to register multiple users.
Please note: this is an e-learning course
To register for this e-learning course - please click on the Buy e-Book link below
USD 350 (eBook)
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Analyze GDS displays relevant to mileage system pricing
- Identify and price different journey types
- Read, interpret, and apply mileage and routing fare rules
- Issue tickets
- Introduction to air fares, analysing itineraries and retrieving fares from a GDS
- Limitations on indirect travel, side trips and surface sectors
- Return trips in different classes of service and alternative fare break points
- Lowest combinations, round-the-world journeys and class differentials
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline fares desk agents
- Travel agents
- Airline ticket agents
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and call center agents
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course Edition List for Exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Method: Online exam with remote supervision
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions. Open Text Book
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 85 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2