International Negotiation Skills - University of St. Gallen (classroom)
About the course
3-day (24 hours) classroom course
This 3-day course will provide you with useful models, perspectives, tools and applicable competencies to prepare, conduct and lead successful, intercultural negotiations in the aviation industry with sustainable results. You will gain an overview of different theories (e.g. Harvard, Schranner, FBI, Chriss Voss) and learn how to prepare for a negotiation. Working in teams, you will negotiate a contract between an airline management team and a pilots' union and be provided with coaching during your negotiations before finalizing the agreement at the end of the course.
This course is part of the IATA - University of St. Gallen Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS) in Global Aviation Management.
Course Code: TALL-40
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by lecturers and professors at the University of St. Gallen.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe the negotiation theory and how to apply it in practice
- Demonstrate CLA negotiation skills and how to prepare for them
- Recognize different rounds and strategies in negotiation procedures
- Interact with peers, partners and third parties
- Distinguish between different stakeholders and motivations
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Negotiation theory
- CLA negotiation
- Kick-offs and rounds
- International agreements
- Closing procedures
- Communication skills
- Group work
- Exercises and reflections
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Executives and HR Partners
- Key Account, Project, Product Managers
- Risk Managers, Controllers, Regulators
- Cockpit and Cabin Crew
A CFAC-UNISG Confirmation of
Attendance is awarded upon successful completion of the course and assessment
(required for DAS Program).