Leadership Development - University of St. Gallen (classroom)
About the course
3-day (24 hours) classroom course
Developing and implementing strategy is an essential leadership skill. In this course, you will learn how to answer key questions related to strategic management by applying core elements of the St. Gallen Management Model and the latest research of leadership competencies. There is no other industry that defines the term “international” more than aviation and Singapore will be the location to learn about this geographical and cultural diversity. The HSG Institute of Management in Asia will serve as a hub for lectures in leadership and intercultural business followed by hands-on excursions and C-Level discussions at Aviation flagship organizations.
This course is part of the IATA - University of St. Gallen Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS) in Global Aviation Management.
Course Code: TALL-38
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by lecturers and professors at the University of St. Gallen.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Recognize different leadership styles and understand how they are implemented in aviation
- Distinguish between leadership versus management in theory and practice
- Describe the concept of self-leadership and intrinsic motivations
- Interact with teams in direct and virtual setups and across cultures
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Intercultural management
- Motivations and incentives
- Excursions and company visits
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Team Leads
- Key Account, Project, Product Managers
- Risk Managers, Controllers, Regulators
- Cockpit and Cabin Crew
A CFAC-UNISG Confirmation of
Attendance is awarded upon successful completion of the course and assessment
(required for DAS Program).