3-day (24 hours) classroom course
The air cargo supply chain is often subject to significant operational quality challenges. It consists of a large number of stakeholders each controlling a part of the process. At each process step, quality issues might arise (delays, damages, documentation errors, incorrect billing). These impact overall customer satisfaction and create the perception that the overall process is not under control. This course provides an overview of the Lean Six Sigma concept and how it can be applied to the Air Cargo and Logistics industries. It will give you insight on the tools and techniques applied in the methodology, as well as analysis and application of the DMAIC cycle.
Course Code: TCGG-30
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe and apply the Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Adopt and apply the methodology to air cargo and logistics operations
- Use the DMAIC cycle to improve and reduce variation on operating processes
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the methodology on the operational nature of work
- Engage the organization into a culture of change
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Lean Six Sigma concept and history
- Benefits and best practices
- Change management and culture
- DMAIC cycle
- Process improvement
- Concept descriptions with examples
- Best practices from the industry
- Group exercises
- Group discussions
This course is recommended for:
- Freight forwarders
- Cargo agents
- Handling agents
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.