Managing and Engaging Stakeholders in a Changing Environment (classroom)
About the course
4-day (32 hours) classroom course
In IATA’s Managing and Engaging Stakeholders in a Changing Environment course, you will learn how to
evaluate and manage your response to the ever-shifting environment endured by the aviation industry over the
last few years. Despite these challenges, the industry continues to manage and coordinate operations through
significant regional and global events: airspace restrictions, the coronavirus pandemic, and the restructuring of
airline fleets and network strategies. Over 4 days, through discussions and instruction, which will require your
participation, you will be able to identify and apply skills that will enhance your engagement with stakeholders,
drive and support change through effective communication to help you collaborate with colleagues from within
the airline industry.
Course Code: TALM-73
- Recommended level is intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 or the equivalent for courses held in languages other than English.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify stakeholders to understand that change is happening constantly with various levels of complexity
- Increase awareness of the typical dynamics encountered in change situations and how practical as well as emotional factors may impact your performance
- Actively and proactively support the implementation of change to achieve the best possible results whilst maintaining a positive, productive environment
- Drive and support change through effective communication
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- The Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity (VUCA) world
- Dynamics of change
- Managing ourselves through change
- Stakeholder mapping
- Communication planning
- Stakeholder Analysis and Map templates
- RACI template
- Group project application and final day panel presentation
- Individual reflection
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Team leaders
- Key stakeholders
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma