Passenger Data Exchange Programs (API/PNR) (Classroom)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 110 participants from 22 countries have taken this course with IATA?
This course answers your questions about Advance Passenger Information (API), Interactive API (IAPI) and Passenger Name Record (PNR) data, as well as the many standards currently used to transmit them. Building on the API-PNR Toolkit, focus is on practical use-cases for the collection and processing of passenger data, including for the fight again terrorism, international crimes or pandemic management. The course also reviews existing legal requirements related to API and PNR. Passenger data has become a central piece of the facilitation puzzle, as an increasing number of governments require API-PNR data using multiple transmission standards. ICAO, IATA and the WCO have responded with the API-PNR Toolkit, a recommended global framework and international standard for transmitting passenger data. When implemented, this framework will bring value to what is currently a costly process for all parties involved. Airlines, regulators, and airports can benefit from this opportunity to work together toward a solution for information sharing. Not only can a common data program enhance the effectiveness of national border control, it will also ultimately improve security throughout the industry.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TSCS-58
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
11 - 13 October, 2021
Register before 11 Jul, 2021 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 20 Sep
All prices are before tax. Class no: 132998
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Compare the common and divergent characteristics of today’s data exchange systems
- Outline the processes that can support and strengthen industry security and national border control capabilities
- Describe the regulatory foundation for these systems and their constraints
- Recognize agreed data elements and data transmission standards
- Incorporate passenger data exchange into your country’s national security and facilitation program
- Passenger data definitions
- API, IAPI, PNR and their characteristics
- Data elements and where they can be found
- Data transmission methods
- Messaging standards
- Regulatory constraints
- Team exercises
- Practical case studies
Who should attend
This course is recommended for border control, passenger facilitation and security staff at:
- Government/border control offices
- IT service providers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: