Did you know that in the past 3 years, 2 participants from 1 countries have taken this course with IATA?
0.5-day (4 hours) classroom course
In this half-day executive workshop on safety management systems (SMS), learn how to demystify ICAO/EASA Safety Management Systems. You will explore key regulatory aspects and safety management principles and the key role that they play in accident prevention and related human factors.
Course Code: TALS-80
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Recognize the key safety issues in aviation
- Discuss the basics of current safety programs
- Recognize the main theories on accident causation and prevention related to enterprise risk management programs
- Know how accidents can be prevented using evidence and best practices
- Relate the importance of operating an SMS as required by EASA and ICAO
- Build a sustainable framework that balances production and protection
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- SMS course introduction
- Systematized safety management
- Regulatory aspects
- Responsibilities and accountabilities
- The Human element
This course is recommended for:
- Corporate, executive staff from airlines and airports
- Airline board members (existing and new appointees)
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.