2-day (16 hours) classroom course
This course will introduce you to the general principles and concepts of safety and what effective “Safety Management Systems” encompasses. The key elements of this course are based on identifying the meaning and measurement of safety and risk in the aviation industry and applying that to an organization’s learning and decision-making, as well as ensuring the implementation of an effective SMS. Roles and responsibilities for safety within an organization will also be discussed, together with the Human Factors aspects related to the Management of Change.
Course Code: TALS-78
- Recommended level is Entry-level.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Recognize the key safety issues in aviation
- Discuss the basics of current safety programs
- Explore the main theories on accident causation and prevention, related to enterprise risk management programs
- Know how accidents can be prevented using evidence and best practices
- Design and operate an SMS as required by the main aviation authorities and ICAO
- Describe how every manager in an aviation organization is affected and can be made part of the integrated safety management system
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Key safety issues in aviation
- The basics of current safety programs
- The main theories on accident causation and prevention, related to enterprise risk management programs
- Systematized safety management
- SMS planning and operation
- SMS implementation and regulation
- Accident prevention using evidence and best practices
- Human Factor elements of SMS
This course is recommended for:
- Corporate, executive staff from airlines and airports
- Airline management staff
- Civil Aviation Authorities
- Ground Operations Service Providers
- Representatives of aviation business
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.