Did you know that in the past 5 years, 104 participants from 10 countries have taken this course with IATA?
2-day (16 hours) classroom course
Be brought up to date on the concept of System Wide Information Management (SWIM). In this course you will review the standards, infrastructure, governance and implementation that enable the management and exchange of Air Traffic Management (ATM)-related information.
Course code: TCVT-71
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Know how the components of SWIM work together: Aeronautical Information Management (AIM); Air Traffic Flow Management; capacity demand; airport; Collaborative Decision Making (CDM); environment; flight; surveillance; weather
- Be up to date on the latest developments in SWIM implementation
- Utilize this knowledge to make decisions about planning and implementation of SWIM
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- The reasons for the development of SWIM
- SWIM principles: characteristics; definition; vision
- Concept of operations
- Information domains
- Information services
- SWIM implementation examples
- Aircraft access to SWIM
- Case Study and numerous examples
- Group work
This course is recommended for:
- Aeronautical Information Management (AIM) practitioners
- Air Traffic Control, Airline and Airport operational staff
- Air Navigation Service Provider, Airport and Airline management
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.