Did you know that in the past 5 years, 30 participants from 13 countries have taken this course with IATA?
2-day (16 hours) classroom course
The transport of temperature-sensitive cargo by air is a complex business, requiring expertise in the technology and regulations specific to the field. This course will bring you up-to-speed on container types and their special operating procedures so you can ensure your equipment and services meet industry requirements.
Course code: TCGP-88
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify container types and know their respective build-up, inspection and storage procedures
Select suitable facilities and equipment for your temperature-controlled operations
Choose the right containers for different product and aircraft types
Establish in-house procedures that comply with IATA Unit Load Device Regulations (ULDR) and Perishable Cargo Regulations (PCR)
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- ULD operations
Ground handling functions
- Temperature-Controlled Containers (TCC)
- Ground handling functions
- Temperature-controlled products
- Temperature management in the supply chain
Processes and procedures
This course is recommended for:
- Cargo operations and station managers
Air cargo and freight forwarder operations personnel
ULD managers and compliance managers
ULD trainers and instructional designers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.