Understanding NDC Architecture (classroom)
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 115 participants from 18 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
2-day (16 hours) classroom course
The New Distribution Capability (NDC) Program is a travel industry-supported program launched by IATA for the development and market adoption of a new, XML-based data transmission standard (NDC Standard). The NDC Standard will enhance the capability of communications between airlines and travel agents and will be open to any third party, intermediary, IT provider or non-IATA member, to implement and use. The NDC Program will transform the way airline products and services are retailed to corporations, leisure, and business travelers and will facilitate product differentiation, time-to-market, access to full and rich travel content, and a transparent shopping experience.
This introductory New Distribution Capability (NDC) training course is designed for NDC Program and Product Owners as well as Information Technology (IT) specialists to gain an understanding about NDC terminology, concepts, application program interface (API) schemas for shopping and order management, and about the airline reference architecture required to support NDC. You will review the rationale behind the NDC building blocks and review the NDC security model.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TALF-80
- This classroom course provides 2 days (16 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Switzerland, Geneva (IATA)
30 - 31 October, 2023
Register before 30 Jul, 2023 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 09 Oct
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 172256
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the current state of NDC in the industry
- Explain how NDC supports offer and order management
- Explain the key concepts and terms of NDC
- Understand the NDC reference architecture and apply the blueprint to your IT architecture
- Interpret the NDC schemas to appreciate how NDC APIs interact with each other
- Have a basic understanding of NDC adoption strategies and options
- NDC Program and Industry Update
- NDC Offer and Order Management
- Key Terminology and Components of NDC
- How NDC interacts with other airline systems
- NDC Reference Architecture
- Architectural options for progressing NDC and ONE order
- NDC XML standard – how to use the APIs
- Technical dive into the NDC messages
- NDC Security Model and Certification
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline IT managers
- Solution provider product managers
- Airline distribution managers
- Airline and solution provider system developers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.