In 2018, IATA conducted a series of workshops to help operators develop their CORSIA emissions monitoring plan and start the monitoring of emissions on 1 January 2019. As we are committed to continuing to support operators throughout the different stages of compliance with CORSIA, in 2019, we will be holding a new series of workshops focused on emissions reports and verification.
The objective of the 2019 workshops is to help operators prepare for the verification of their emissions data and the submission of their emissions report. Through presentations and interactive group discussions, participants will go through the main requirements under CORSIA and identify potential risks related to the collection and reporting of fuel data. The workshops will also provide operators with information on the ICAO process and provide insight in IATA's FRED+ tool, a system developed by IATA to facilitate the reporting of emissions and minimize the associated administrative burden for both operators and administrating authorities.
Dates and locations
- Buenos Aires, 12-13 June 2019, hosted by Aerolineas Argentinas
- Nairobi, 18-19 June 2019, hosted by AFRAA
- Panama City, 27-28 June 2019, hosted by Copa Airlines
- Amman, 2-3 July 2019, organized in cooperation with AACO
- Kuala Lumpur, 9-10 July 2019, hosted by the Civil Aviation Authority of Malaysia under the patronage of the Ministry of Transport of Malaysia
- Astana, 16-17 July 2019
- Moscow, 18-19 July 2019
- New Delhi, 30-31 July 2019
Workshops are open to all aircraft operators and
administrating authorities. Participation in the workshops is free of charge.
Please register for a workshop using this form.
Other stakeholders are invited to contact us at email@example.com for more information.
- CORSIA: where are we? recent developments in ICAO; main challenges; and preparation for the ICAO Assembly.
- Reporting of emissions: overview of requirements and responsibilities: the emissions monitoring plan, timelines for compliance. ICAO CERT and templates; overview of FRED+
- Data requirements: overview of data requirements; addressing data gaps; FRED+ data vault and data input
- Report generation and submission: format, internal audit, verification and order of magnitude check; report generation in FRED+
- Verification: overview of verification requirements; engaging a verifier; interaction with the verifier and administrating authority in FRED+
1-day Fuel Efficiency workshops will be organized on 1 July 2019 in conjunction with the CORSIA workshop in Amman and on 1 August 2019 in conjunction with the CORSIA workshop in New Delhi. The Fuel Efficiency workshops will focus on fuel efficiency improvement & emission reduction initiatives in the areas of flight operations, flight dispatch, maintenance and engineering, commercial and ground handling, presenting industry best practices in fuel management.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.