Turbulence Aware serves aviation
A global, industry-wide, data exchange platform, Turbulence Aware receives the existing airline data from ground servers, performs quality control, deidentifies data, and provides the data back to airlines via a ground-to-ground system-to-system connection.
- Turbulence Aware viewer via wifi – Mapped real-time turbulence reports inform your operational decision-making
- Integration with in-house or third-party flight planning or in-flight weather tools – To speed up decision-making
- EDR-based – Energy/eddy-dissipation rate (EDR) is a calculated estimate of the atmosphere’s turbulent state. It is NOT a measure of the response of an individual aircraft. It is the official ICAO & WMO metric for measuring turbulence intensity
- Detailed report available for each data point – Including time, altitude, aircraft position, mean and peak EDR values as well as wind and temperature data, to increase situational awareness
- Anonymized data – To protect airlines’ identity and privacy
- Technical assistance – IATA provides assistance to airlines looking to implement open source EDR reporting software developed by the National Center of Atmospheric Research (NCAR)
Want better turbulence data?
Want to contribute your data?
Operational trials available for evaluation and feedback free of charge till December 2019.