The International Air Transport Association (IATA) is the trade association for the world’s airlines, representing some 260 airlines or 83% of total air traffic. We support many areas of aviation activity and help formulate industry policy on critical aviation issues.
IATA is led by Tony Tyler, Director General & CEO since July 2011.
A guiding concept of IATA’s structure is “Global Development, Regional Delivery”, where the Head Office divisions drive the development of global standards, systems and advocacy positions, while the regional and country offices are responsible for implementation.
See the high level organization chart (pdf).
|Office of the DG
- People, Performance & Development
- Corporate Communications
- Legal Services
- Member and External Relations (MER)
- Financial and Distribution Services (FDS)
- Airports, Passenger ,Cargo and Security (APCS)
- Safety and Flight Operations (SFO)
- Marketing and Commercial Services (MACS)
- Corporate Services