Air Transport Competitiveness in Germany
Air transport is a key enabler of economic activity in Germany.
It supports 1.1m jobs and EUR 77.8 billion of gross value to GDP, which accounts for 2.2% of German GDP (2016).
Main Industry Priorities
- Industry Competitiveness
- Aviation Security
- Infrastructure Capacity Development (ground and air)
Other Key Priorities
- Environment and Sustainability
- Operational Costs (airport and ANSP charges)
- Industry Events
- Abolish the aviation tax
- Improve capacity on the ground and in the air and improve operational efficiency in particular by increasing Air Traffic Control (ATC) capacity and minimising Air Traffic Flow Management (ATFM) delays
- Increase cost-efficiency of ATC services in particular by promoting implementation of a functioning Single European Sky (SES) with cost-efficient structures (including automization, speedy implementation of SESAR)
- Focus on cost-efficient airport charges including adopting Single Till to reflect normal market conditions
- Promote innovative technology and processes for border security and customs