AGM and WATS Strategic Partnerships Summary
The AGM is IATA’s annual signature governance meeting that takes place on the first morning of the event. Amongst others, the AGM formalizes industry positions through resolutions, elects the Board, considers reports of the Board, Traffic Conferences and Advisory Councils, and approves financial statements, membership fees and dues.
The World Air Transport Summit (WATS), which takes place immediately following the AGM provides the broader stakeholder value chain with the opportunity to discuss, debate and address critical and emerging issues with leaders from across the air transport sector.
Attendance at the IATA AGM and WATS is by invitation only. As such, access is provided to all IATA Member Airlines, all AGM-level Strategic Partners, key industry stakeholders and selected media. In total, the event attracts close to 1,500 delegates, including over 400 C-suite executives and150 airline CEOs. Representatives from regional and international associations and organizations, as well as over 250 representatives from the media are invited to attend.
- Receive up to three delegate passes to the AGM and WATS.
- Network and have access to top airline industry decision-makers, influencers, and IATA’s senior management.
- Engage with participants to position your products and services.
- Receive the list of all companies registered for the upcoming AGM and WATS (at least two weeks in advance of the event).
- Benefit from a media platform with access granted to the media room (note that access is granted on site to a Strategic Partner’s corporate communications representative only and within its delegate pass allocation).
- Deliver a video testimonial on behalf of your company on its Strategic Partnership engagement.
- Have the opportunity to increase your branding exposure through sponsorship opportunities (e.g., exhibition booths, private meeting rooms, sponsored sessions, etc.)
- Access to the governance meeting (AGM)
- Access to attend panel discussions (WATS)
- Access to the Annual Strategic Partnerships Cocktail hosted by the IATA Director General
- Benefit from sponsored networking breaks and engagements (breakfast, lunches, welcome cocktail reception, gala dinner)
- Access to IATA Press conference(s)
Based on any given year's agenda (subject to change), they include:
- Aircraft, Airline and Airport Operations
- Airline Retailing and Distribution
- Data and Technology
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Finance and Risk Management
- Fuel and Sustainability
- Safety and Security
Air transport supply chain stakeholders including, but not limited to:
- Aircraft Financiers / Lessors
- Airframe and Engine Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
- Aviation IT Providers and Vendors
- Air Traffic Management (ATM) and Communications, Navigation, Surveillance (CNS) Service Providers
- Banks and Financial Institutions
- BI Service Providers to Airlines
- Data and Technology Solution Providers
- Energy Suppliers (fuel, hydrogen, electric)
- Global Distribution Systems (GDS's)
- Green Finance & Investment Companies
- Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MROs)
- Regional and international air transport associations and organizations
- Specialized consultancy firms
Please view the full list of Strategic Partnerships Program benefits (pdf).
Strategic Partnerships Program