Air transport is a key enabler of economic activity in Italy.
It supports 714,000 jobs and EUR 46 billion to the GDP, which accounts for 2.7% of Italian GDP.
Main Industry Priorities
- Airspace Modernization
- Airports charges and fees
- Focus on implementation of the National Airspace Strategy to further modernize Italian airspace
- Remove at least reduce the Council Tax; Avoid implementing the Italian Noise Emissions Tax for Civil Aircraft (known as IRESA)
- Align the airport charges process with international best practice by ensuring efficient consultation and transparent, fair and cost-related charges
AIR TRANSPORT REGULATORY COMPETITIVENESS INDICATORS 2019
- Read the full competitiveness report for Italy (pdf)
- Air Transport Competitiveness in Italy (pdf) Infographic.