The Worldwide Slot Guidelines (WSG) are the foundation upon which the global slot allocation process works for the benefit of airlines, airports and the passengers. IATA ensures it evolves with the industry to continue to optimize the use of scarce airport capacity for all. The WSG is built on the pillars of transparency,
flexibility, certainty, consistency and sustainability.
Thanks to continual update and revision, the WSG represent the globally accepted best practice for governments and airport regulators. The guidelines ensure that slots at capacity-constrained airports around the world are allocated to airlines using consistent policies, principles and processes.
A living document, WSG is reviewed on a regular basis to keep up with industry and regulatory changes.
Worldwide Slot Guidelines - for download
WSG Edition 10 - English version (pdf) Official version
WSG Edition 9 - English version (pdf) Official version
If inconsistencies arise with other translations this English version always takes precedence
Latest list of all level 2 and level 3 Airports
- 11.1 IATA Slot Conference – Standing Working Arrangements (pdf)
- 11.2 IATA Standards for Airport Capacity Analysis (pdf)
- 11.3 Recommended Minimum System Requirements for Airlines and Coordinators (pdf)
- 11.4 Notification of Airport Level Change (xls)
- 11.5 Independence of the Coordinator (pdf)
- 11.6 Contact list for Level 2 and Level 3 Airports (xls) Last updated: 24.2.2020
- 11.7 Proposal for Revision of the WSG (pdf)
- 11.8 Best practice guidelines for the use of data analysis (pdf)