Passengers each year rely on the airline industry to get to their destination safely. Their safe passage is due to the tireless efforts of industry stakeholders. Working together, we have made aviation the safest form of travel. However, recent events and uncertainties remind us that this impressive safety record is still subject to unlikely events. When an aircraft is diverted, disrupted or lost, there is a strong need for mechanisms to deal with the aftermath and recovery. IATA supports airlines with Emergency Response Planning (ERP) best practices to manage and recover from such events.
Download this compilation of ERP Regulations, Standards and Guidance for Civil Aviation (pdf), for an overview of current best practices for operators (updated May 2023).
ERP Annual Forum
The ERP Forum brings together senior emergency response experts from airlines, airports and IATA Strategic Partners to discuss the evolving ERP landscape. It provides a platform for the exchange of knowledge and experience, contributing to the enhancement of emergency response worldwide.
The latest edition of the annual ERP Forum was held at the IATA World Safety and Operations Conference (WSOC), Hanoi, Vietnam, 19-21 September 2023. Find out what was discussed during the ERP Forum 2023:
- ERP Forum 2023 Report (pdf)
Download previous reports:
- ERP Forum 2022 Report (pdf)
ERP Task Force
The ERP Task Force's (ERPTF) work plan focuses on these areas:
- Moderate ERP related changes to the IOSA Standards Manual
- Delivering the 2022 IATA ERP Forum
- Provide guidance to the Passenger Services Conference Resolution on aircraft accident response when traveling interline
ERP Task Force overarching objectives
- Act as a center of excellence for all ERP matters worldwide for member and non-member airlines
- Maintain operating standards and guidance to improve ERP worldwide
- Bring together airline ERP experts for annual information and best practice sharing
- Create mutual aid agreements to provide assistance during activation of emergency response plans
- Build an ERP community formed of airlines and other stakeholders such as airports, service providers, consultants, regulators, and agencies (WHO, CDC, ICAO, EASA)
- Represent the airline industry on ICAO and EASA events.
For more information on ERP in the world of aviation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ERP Technical Bulletins
Find here the supporting information for Airline ERP arrangements.