Set and adjust air transport strategy
To successfully do business in the highly interdependent and constantly changing air transport industry, you need in-depth understanding of its overall performance, and how its individual players measure up against each other. With WATS, you have all the contextual information you need to identify and analyze opportunities and risks, and evaluate the impact of your strategic decisions.
See full infographic in the preview of WATS+ 2019
As a strategic decision-maker at an airline, an aviation consultancy or market analysis firm, an airport, a ground handler, a freight forwarder or other aviation industry partner, you need to ensure you gauge your approach from every angle. To identify opportunities to increase business, plan your development taking into account the details that matter to you, and benchmark your success, you need both insightful overviews and detailed breakdowns, as well as comparative information.
Access the industry information you need
WATS has a wealth of information to enable you to:
- Quickly understand the aviation market as a whole
- Compare and analyze the competitive landscape in air transport
- Benchmark airline performance
Global Passenger Traffic Growth (YoY RPK)
Click on the charts to see interactive version
Rely on the most accurate inputs
- Identify and analyze aviation business opportunities and risks – Gain quick understanding through IATA’s pertinent analyses with salient points highlighted, then dive deeper into the detail to flesh out your own hypotheses.
- Use real information for strategic planning – Set measurable goals based on key performance indicators standard to the industry, tracked and reported by IATA, to plan your future and hone your competitive edge.
- Evaluate the impact of strategic planning decisions – With data going back 10 years, annual updates, and an unprecedented level of detail across every aspect of the industry, you can assess your past decisions and adjust moving forward.
Why WATS is so accurate
The numbers in WATS are submitted directly to IATA by approximately 270 international airlines, and include data that is exclusive to IATA. The reports by our world-renowned industry experts provide privileged insight to those statistics, based on unparalleled inside knowledge.
- Aviation market overview and analysis – From our Chief Economist’s office, reports on industry performance from economic, financial and environmental perspectives highlight salient points for quick understanding, including fuel efficiency performance and fuel pricing.
- Industry demand information – Actual passenger and cargo traffic with multiple breakdowns, plus forecasts; performance metrics, such as revenue passenger kilometers (RPK), freight tonne kilometers (FTK), load factor, weight load factor, and revenue tonne kilometer (RTK); and capacity metrics such as available seat kilometers (ASK), available freight tonne kilometers (AFTK), and available tonne kilometers (ATK), give you all the detail you need to further analyze, presented in easy-to-understand tables and graphs.
- Industry performance information – Financial performance with a regional breakdown; performance-based metrics such as yields; statistics on airline costs; safety and security performance rates; and analysis of contextual factors to help you fully understand the impact on the industry.
- Ranking information – Top performer statistics, including airlines by type of traffic, financial results or number of employees and airports by passengers or aircraft movements, broken down geographically, or by other relevant type, are presented in clear tables for quick identification of the information that matters to you.
- Individual Airline Data (Appendices A, B, C) – All the detail by airline, in Excel format, to further your benchmarking, comparisons and analyses.
- Available in multiple formats – Easy-to-import Excel, easy-to-share pdf or easy-to-consult hardcopy, to suit your needs.