Due to the COVID-19 outbreak and measures being imposed by local governments, transit times for the printed ID Card will be longer than usual. Cardholders can access the digital ID Card on the AgentExperience app.
For agents based in the US, please visit the IATAN site.
In order to obtain an IATA/IATAN ID Card, applicants must be working at a travel agency with a valid IATA Code and fulfill the following ID Card eligibility criteria. Some agencies may choose to have additional requirements such as a probationary period or working hours, kindly consult with your agency before submitting the online application.
- Travel agency's Sole Owner, Partners, Stockholders, Shareholders (must own at least 20% of the company shares and be listed in IATA Agency records)
- Directors, Managers, Employees or any person holding a remunerated position involving the administration, marketing, finance, operations, and/or sale of travel
- Independent Consultants - a person working for a travel agency pursuant to a written contract or agreement in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- The applicant must have a remunerated position at the travel agency
- The applicant must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application
- The applicant must work at least 20 hours a week for the travel agency
- Canadian applicants must earn at least CAD5,000 (salary and/or commission) in the past 24 months of the ID Card Application
Note: Cargo, MSO, GSA, TRUE and Travelsellers.com locations are not eligible for IATA/IATAN ID Card
- False declaration in the ID Card Application will lead to blacklisting and cancellation of any previous cards
- ID Card Applications must be completed with a valid and unique email address
- Only one ID Card is issued to eligible persons. Upon IATA approval, a cardholder may be eligible for more than one ID Card under a different IATA or TIDS Code in another country