For agents based in the US, please visit the IATAN site.
In order to obtain an IATA/IATAN ID Card, applicants must be working at a travel agency with a valid IATA Code and fulfill the following ID Card eligibility criteria. Some agencies may choose to have additional requirements such as a probationary period or working hours, kindly consult with your agency before submitting the online application.
- Travel agency's Sole Owner, Partners, Stockholders, Shareholders (must own at least 20% of the company shares and be listed in IATA Agency records)
- Directors, Managers, Employees or any person holding a remunerated position involving the administration, marketing, finance, operations, and/or sale of travel
- Independent Consultants - a person working for a travel agency pursuant to a written contract or agreement in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- The applicant must have a remunerated position at the travel agency
- The applicant must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application
- The applicant must work at least 20 hours a week for the travel agency
- Canadian applicants must earn at least CAD10,000 (salary and/or commission) in the past 24 months of the ID Card Application
Note: Cargo, MSO, GSA, TRUE and Travelsellers.com locations are not eligible for IATA/IATAN ID Card
- False declaration in the ID Card Application will lead to blacklisting and cancellation of any previous cards
- ID Card Applications must be completed with a valid and unique email address
- Only one ID Card is issued to eligible persons. Upon IATA approval, a cardholder may be eligible for more than one ID Card under a different IATA or TIDS Code in another country